Global and inclusive educations are two sides of the same coin. On the one hand, we focus on children in order to support them and develop their potential. On the other hand, we teach children how they, their decisions and actions have an impact on the overall world and on all other people living in it.
- Emphasizes the future and the opportunity everyone has to change and define this future;
- Perceives society and the environment in their entirety;
- Uses interactive training methods such as teamwork, role plays, discussions to develop skills for effective communication and participation in the global society;
- Develops skills for information searching, understanding, critical reflection;
- Fosters values such as sense of fairness, tolerance, responsibility and positive, creative attitude.
Global education is an active teaching process based on values such as solidarity, equality, tolerance, accountability and cooperation. It enables people to move to a level of deeper understanding about sustainable human development as causality of personal understanding, and it also enables inclusion in the process of underlying causes and effects of world problems.
What we do:
- We deliver training with teachers and pupils;
- We build up capacity in schools to present topics in the field of global education to children and adolescents;
- We raise pupils’ and youths’ awareness of the problems and contradictions of globalisation and together we seek solutions to global challenges;
- We discuss topics such as mutual dependency, poverty and social justice, identity and cultural diversity, conflict resolution, human rights and responsibilities, the environment;
- We publish collections and handbooks on the issues of global education, which may be used by teachers in schools;
- We take part in round table discussions and working groups on the issues of global education.
As a founder and member of the Bulgarian Platform for International Development
, the Centre for Inclusive Education is a co-host of the annual National Conference on Global Education. This initiative promotes the philosophy, principles and methods of global education in order to help children and young people acquire attitudes of active global citizens as one of the most efficient ways to respond to the current challenges of globalisation.
Further information about children in the big world: